work off(work my ass off 累死累活)

视频加载中... Andrew:You know,you don't have to hide it from me. 你不用躲着我。 Andrew: Drinking.It doesn't bother me. 喝酒,我无所谓的。 Bree:Oh,I wasn't hiding anything.I wa...

视频加载中...

Andrew:You know,you don't have to hide it from me.

你不用躲着我。

Andrew: Drinking.It doesn't bother me.

喝酒,我无所谓的。

Bree:Oh,I wasn't hiding anything.I was simply...enjoying the day.What you want?

我没有躲着,我只是在享受美好的时光。有什么事吗?

Andrew:Well,um,Mason was my ride to school.And his dad's moving them to Tucson so...

以前我都是坐梅森的车去上学,他们全家要搬到图森,所以......

Bree:Oh,well,if you need a ride to school, I'm happy to drive you.

如果你需要的话,我可以开车送你去上学。

Andrew:No,that's not what I want.I want a car.

不,我不是那个意思,我想买辆车。

Bree:Well,then I suggest you get a job.

我建议你先去找份挣钱的工作。

Andrew:Why should I go work my ass off at some fast food place when I can already afford what I want?

我明明有钱买车,何必还去快餐店那种地方的打工?

Bree:Andrew,we're not touching your trust fund.

安德鲁,我们不能动你的信托基金。

Andrew:It's my money.

那是我的钱。

Bree:Not until you're 21.And if I had my way, you wouldn't get your hands on it until you're 50.I mean,we both know you're gonna waste every penny of it.

那得等你满21岁以后。要是依我的话,你50岁之前,我不会让你动一分钱的。你我都很清楚,你会把钱全部挥霍掉的。

Andrew:Why are you being like this?

你为什么要这样?

Bree:Because,sweetheart,it is my job to teach you about responsibility,setting goals,delayed gratification.

亲爱的,因为我的职责是教会你关于责任,建立人生目标,延迟享乐。

Andrew:What do you know about delayed gratification?It's not even noon, yet you're already on your third glass of wine.

你知道什么叫延迟享乐,还没到中午,你已喝到第三杯了。

Bree:You know,on second thought, I won't be driving you to school.The walk will do you good.

仔细想想,我不想开车送你上学了。步行对你更有好处。

Andrew:Mom,I'm not kidding around.I want my money.

妈妈,我不是说着玩的,我要我的钱。

Bree:The answer is no.

不行。

Andrew:Well,aren't we a mean old drunk?

你真是个讨厌的老酒鬼。

Andrew:Whatever that was supposed to teach me,consider the lesson learned.

无论这一巴掌是想给我什么教训,就当我已经学会了。

hide sth from sb 向某人隐瞒某事bother[ˈbɑːðər] v.使(某人)烦恼(或担忧、不安); 给(某人)造成麻烦(或痛苦)Well,um,Mason was my ride to school. ride搭便车work my ass off(俚语)意思:累死累活,没日没夜的忙/工作/努力afford[ə'fɔːrd] v.花费得起,付得起,用得起,负担得起trust fund 信托基金get one's hands on **,找到,占有 setting goals设立目标gratification [ˌɡrætɪfɪ'keɪʃn] n. **;喜悦on second thought仔细想想do sb. good =do good to sb. 对某人有好处work my ass off 累死累活,没日没夜地工作

Andrew:You know,you don't have to hide it from me.Bree:Hmm?Andrew: Drinking.It doesn't bother me.Bree:Oh,I wasn't hiding anything.I was simply...enjoying the day.What you want?Andrew:Well,um,Mason was my ride to school.And his dad's moving them to Tucson so...Bree:Oh,well,if you need a ride to school, I'm happy to drive you.Andrew:No,that's not what I want.I want a car.Bree:Well,then I suggest you get a job.Andrew:Why should I go work my ass off at some fast food place when I can already afford what I want?Bree:Andrew,we're not touching your trust fund.Andrew:It's my money.Bree:Not until you're 21.And if I had my way, you wouldn't get your hands on it until you're 50.I mean,we both know you're gonna waste every penny of it.Andrew:Why are you being like this?Bree:Because,sweetheart,it is my job to teach you about responsibility,setting goals,delayed gratification.Andrew:What do you know about delayed gratification?It's not even noon, yet you're already on your third glass of wine.Bree:You know,on second thought, I won't be driving you to school.The walk will do you good.Andrew:Mom,I'm not kidding around.I want my money.Bree:The answer is no.Andrew:Well,aren't we a mean old drunk?Andrew:Whatever that was supposed to teach me,consider the lesson learned.安德鲁:你不用躲着我。安德鲁:喝酒,我无所谓的。布里:我没有躲着,我只是在享受美好的时光。有什么事吗?安德鲁:以前我都是坐梅森的车去上学,他们全家要搬到图森,所以......布里:如果你需要的话,我可以开车送你去上学。安德鲁:不,我不是那个意思,我想买辆车。布里:我建议你先去找份挣钱的工作。安德鲁:我明明有钱买车,何必还去快餐店那种地方的打工?布里:安德鲁,我们不能动你的信托基金。安德鲁:那是我的钱。布里:那得等你满21岁以后。要是依我的话,你50岁之前,我不会让你动一分钱的。你我都很清楚,你会把钱全部挥霍掉的。安德鲁:你为什么要这样?布里:亲爱的,因为我的职责是教会你关于责任,建立人生目标,延迟享乐。安德鲁:你知道什么叫延迟享乐,还没到中午,你已喝到第三杯了。布里:仔细想想,我不想开车送你上学了。步行对你更有好处。安德鲁:妈妈,我不是说着玩的,我要我的钱。布里:不行。安德鲁:你真是个讨厌的老酒鬼。安德鲁:无论这一巴掌是想给我什么教训,就当我已经学会了。

  • 发表于 2022-11-23 20:53
  • 阅读 ( 120 )
  • 分类:互联网

0 条评论

请先 登录 后评论
包子
包子

626 篇文章

你可能感兴趣的文章

相关问题